Cyber Quote Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “our company”) is aware of the importance of protecting and measures to ensure proper handling of Personal Information. we make sure to be based on the following policy. This policy is made full dissemination to all employees in our company.
- We will endeavor to handle personal information data appropriately in compliance with relevant laws and regulations regarding the protection of personal information and this policy.
- When we obtain the personal information data, we properly DO so only to the extent necessary for our business operations, clarify the purposes of our utilization of the information and, among other matters, the contact point for the person identifiable by the information, and employ legitimate and fair means.
- We utilize the personal information that we have obtained only within the identified purposes of utilization of the information, and will not, unless otherwise provided by laws, regulations, or any legal forces, utilize it for unintended purposes or provide or disclose it to any third party without the consent of the person identifiable by the information. In addition, we take measures to implement these provisions. Exceptionally, if we provide or disclose personal information to a third party upon obtaining the consent of the person identifiable by the information, we will implement measures to ensure that the receiving party appropriately manages the personal information of the person concerned.
- In order to prevent any leakage, loss, or damage of the personal information that we handle, we implement necessary and appropriate safety measures. In the event where such problem arises, we will identify its cause and take corrective action without delay.
- When we outsource business operations involving personal information to an outside contractor, we will conclude an appropriate contract and exercise appropriate supervision and control so as to ensure that the contractor takes appropriate safety measures.
- We continuously improve our management system for personal information protection.
- We have established a section that deals with requests, inquiries, complaints or applications for consultation from the persons about the disclosure, correction, or deletion of their own personal information. Responses will be made appropriately and promptly.
Enactment date: 21st October 2013
Last revised date: 25th October 2018
Cyber Quote Co., Ltd.
Representative Director Motoki Ogata
Handling of Personal Information
Ⅰ. Acquisition of Personal Information and Purposes of Utilization
The purposes of utilization of the personal information that we obtain and retain are as described below.
In the event where it is necessary for us to utilize your personal information beyond the purpose of utilization that you have been informed of beforehand, we will again seek your consent to the extended purpose of utilization and other relevant matters, except in cases that may be treated as exceptions pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act, etc. In addition, if personal information is provided to us by a minor under the age of 16 or by a person who is not capable of appreciating his/her situation, the consent of that minor’s/person’s statutory agent, etc. is required.
1. In a case where we acquire such personal information concerning a person in the form of a written document directly from the person, the Company utilizes the personal information for the purposes below.
We explicitly show to the person fixed items such as the purpose of utilization by written documents (including a record made by an electronic method and a magnetic method) each time in advance, except for the cases below.
ⅰ. In case of the notification or publication for use may harm the life, body, or property.
ⅱ. In case of the notification or publication for use may impinge upon our company’s rights or legitimate interests.
ⅲ. In case of need to respond to National agency or local public body’s operation, the notification or publication for use may harm the life, body, property or their legitimate duty.
ⅳ. In case of it is considered that the Purpose of Utilization is clear in consideration of the circumstances of the acquisition.
2. In a case where we acquire personal information directly from the person by means other than written document, and in a case where we instead indirectly acquire it in the public domain or from a third party, the Company utilizes and keeps the personal information for the purposes below.
ⅰ. Personal information of customer
- Propose, sell, and provide products, services and supports
- Introduce products and services dealt in by the Company and our group companies
- Introduce events among others (various kinds of seminar and exhibition) held (hosted, co-hosted, or co-sponsored) by the Company and our group companies
- Registration of the utilization of services provided by the Company and our group companies
- Communicate, negotiate business, hold meeting, and implement contract with customer
- Respond to inquiry or request from customer
- Management of implementation of training
- Conduct various kinds of questionnaires
ⅱ. Personal information of business partner
- Communicate, negotiate business, hold meeting, and implement contract with business partner
ⅲ. Personal information of employee applicants / former employees of the Company
- Provision of information to, communication with and notification of applicants
- Acceptance procedure
- Personnel management for former employees pursuant to internal regulations as stipulated by law (including employee welfare matters)
Ⅳ. Personal information that is acquired in public domain (gazette, websites, commercially available books and name lists among others) and from a third party
- In order to introduce products, services and events (various kinds of seminars and exhibitions) of the Company and our group companies and implement various kinds of questionnaires
ⅴ. Logs and images recorded when entering and exiting the facilities of the Company
- In order to manage security for preventing crime and disaster among others
ⅵ. Telephone-record information
In order to ensure the accuracy of telephone conversation and appropriately address to it
ⅶ. Personal information that the Company was entrusted to handle when implementing a project
- In order to execute a contract with an entrusting party concerning system development, consultation, system support, and training
- Use purposes that were announced to the person and agreed to by him/her in advance
Ⅱ. Entrustment of Handling of Personal Information and Its Joint Utilization
1. Entrustment of handling
We may outsource all or part of our business operations to a contractor and entrust our handling of personal information to the same contract or to the extent necessary for accomplishing the intended purpose of utilization of the information. In such case, we select a contractor that meets the criteria set out by us, and conclude a contract concerning the handling of personal information and exercise appropriate control and supervision in order to ensure that personal information is safely managed.
We may share or joint use the personal information with our jointed company or Group in below purpose. Case in which jointly use, we will make sure to notice the purpose in advance.
ⅰ. Items of Personal Data that may be used jointly
- The minimum information of personal information for purpose.
ⅱ. Scope of the entities that will use information jointly
- The corporation or Group with an appropriate contract, we will inform or public the name in each case.
ⅲ. Purpose of the entities that will use information jointly
- The Purpose with an appropriate contract, we will inform or public the purpose in each case.
ⅳ. Name of the party responsible for the management of the said Personal Data
- We will inform or public in each case
ⅴ. Method of acquisition
- Input form in the web site
- Post Card
- A questionnaire survey
- A verbal communication
- Written Documents
Ⅲ.Provision and Disclosure of Personal Information to a Third Party
The Company does not provide, nor disclose to a third party the personal information that we have acquired, without obtaining consent of the person, except the below cases. In a case where we provide or disclose it to a third party by obtaining consent of the person, we take appropriate measures that the third party, which we provide or disclose the personal information to should protect the personal information.
- Based on laws and regulations
- In cases of necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- In cases of specially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- In cases of necessary to cooperate with a state organ, a local government, or an individual or a business operator entrusted by either of the former two in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of the person might impede the execution of the affairs.
- In case of the Company acquired the personal information of a person by obtaining the consent from the person to our forwarding the information
Ⅳ.Procedure to Request Disclosure, etc.
1．To Correct or Delete retained personal information
If the personal information which retained in our company is misinformation, whom may request to correct or delete the information for our company with determined procedure by our company
We will act to correct or delete promptly if we decided to accept the request and make a notice how was the action to whom requested
2．Suspension of use of retained Personal Information
We accept the request which is provided by a person whom discontinue using or to erase such retained personal data as may lead to the identification of the person on the ground that the retained personal data is being illegal measures and where it is found that the request has a reason, we hall discontinue using or erase the retained personal data concerned without delay to the extent necessary for redressing the violation. However, this provision shall not apply to cases in which it costs large amount or otherwise difficult to discontinue using or to erase the retained personal data and in which the business operator takes necessary alternative measures to protect the rights and interests of the person.
Contact information to Request Disclosure, etc.
Please contact below for any inquiry, complain with the information or disclose the Personal Data
Kabutocho Building 4th Floor, Kabutocho Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0026
CyberQuote Japan, Ltd.